Sunday, June 24, 2007

5 miles and feelin' fine!

I honestly cannot believe that this morning I ran five miles and ended feeling energized. That is the single longest distance I have ever consecutively ran in my entire life! Although, I guess this will be the case for all the coming weeks as well... But! Regardless! I'm SO happy that I'm keeping pace and don't feel like dying 5 minutes into it. My pace group is really wonderful, and we ran EXACTLY on pace today. I'll just have to remind myself next Sunday morning when my alarm goes off at 7am, that in a few hours time I'll be glad I woke up and went running.

Next week is 6 miles and our coach is going to change up our course a little bit so we don't get bored. So far we've been running south along Frontage Road (leaving from the Berkeley Marina), but starting next week we'll be running north along Frontage Road (up toward Pt. Richmond).

I sent out my first attempts at mass fundraising this weekend, and many of you are probably reading this as a result of following a link in my email... Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping to get a good first push of fundraising done. I feel badly because I've been so preoccupied that I probably wasn't giving my fundraising the attention it deserves, but now it's priority #2! (Priority #1 being: Find a full time job)

Now I get to spend the rest of the day relaxing and bragging to everyone that I ran 5 miles! Yay!

0 comments: