Tuesday, July 24, 2007

D O U B L E - D I G I T S

If you can believe (because I still can't), I ran TEN miles on Sunday. TEN! That's 9 more miles than I've ever run in my life! It was also the most physically exhausting experience of my life. But, I must admit, I am really proud of the progress I, and my fellow trainees, are making.

After our 2.5 hour run on Sunday, I ran over to pick up the last ingredients for the 50 cupcakes I was making for the bar night fundraiser I was having, and headed home. After taking a break to read some Harry Potter, I set to work baking and made three kinds of delicious cupcakes which I was selling for $3 a piece at the bar.

Thanks to those who came out on Sunday to support me and my cause!! I really, truly appreciate it. The turnout was less than I had hoped. A lot of people who said they were going to show up didn't, and I ended up grossing less than half of what I was hoping :( And 90% of what I did make was through donations, not through cupcakes or the bar contribution... Oh well, it's a slow road toward $2800, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

This Sunday? 12 miles.

Stay tuned...

0 comments: