Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Gadget Goodies

If you know me then you know I'm a sucker for gadgets and tech goodies. Well, I am so thrilled with my marathoning gadget that I just have to tell everyone about it! Nike and iPod have come together to create the Nike+iPod line. The way it works is that the sensor (on or in your shoe) connects to a wireless receiver you plug into your iPod. That sensor tells the receiver how far you've gone and what your minute per mile pace is. A lovely woman's voice pops in every so often to tell you that you've gone 1, 2,3 and so on miles. I tried this out for the first time yesterday when I ran my 7 miler and it was INCREDIBLE. You also select a "power song" that the iPod plays for you when it feels your pace slowing down in order to perk you back up. Now, every time I sync my iPod with my computer the iPod uploads my running information for archiving. It really is revolutionary.

That's my little tid bit. Running is going well, but I'm nervous for the 8 miles we're running this weekend... I'll survive.

Fundraising is going OK. Thank you to all who have donated so far. I still have a ways to go, so PLEASE DONATE!

0 comments: