Sunday, July 1, 2007

Week 6! German Silva Kicks Butt!

I ran six miles this morning and can't believe it! Our group was small today as two of our members were out of town, one unexpectedly didn't show, and then there was me and C. C and I ran alongside two new members DZ and JR, whose first run with the program was today. We ran six miles (they ran 4 since they just started)... C and I really did a great job of staying ahead of pace and of motivating and supporting one another. It was really awesome. We ran 6 miles in 1hr 14 minutes (almost exactly on pace!!). Although I felt like today was the most physically trying, I also felt like today was the most emotionally supportive.

So far I've raised just over $300 (THANK YOU! to those who have contributed so far), so I am feeling good about fundraising. I've confirmed a movie at The Parkway ("Valley Girl" on September 04), and am working on another film at another theatre. Also, I've confirmed a bar night at The Missouri Lounge on July 22 with Mitchell as the night's DJ! I've also got a date set for another, more substantial event, but I've got so much work to do for it that I'm not even going to give any details...

Still on the job hunt, still working out and training, and still asking for your contributions! You can donate at:http://aidsmarathon.com/participant.asp?runner=SF-5133&EventCode=LV07

0 comments: